Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Day 38: qotd

Long before I even started using Twitter and doing the whole #qotd (quote of the day) thing, Dad and I were texting quotes to each other. Sometimes they were things from books we read, sometimes things we heard on tv. Anything we thought would be a quote that the other would like. Sometimes we end up reading something the other has been reading, because there are interesting quotes that make us curious about the book.
I (obviously) use Twitter now, and Dad gets my tweets as texts, so he gets any quotes I post. But there are still some that I text to him instead of posting. Some that I don't think anyone else would get (or approve of). There are also random quotes that we text each other if we're rereading certain books. There's one especially that is texted back and forth, or sometimes just said if we're in the same room when reminded of it, fairly often. I have no idea why we choose that quotes that we do, they just catch our fancy for some reason.
I think it's silly when people ask, "what's your favourite quote?" I feel like, if you have a favourite quote, you don't read enough. I can choose a quote that fits my mood/feelings at the moment. I can pick a quote that fits the conversation that I am having. Heck, I can usually find a song quote for those things as well. My brain is a mess. But I can't honestly choose a favorite quote. There are so many that I love for lots of different reasons. Some make me laugh, some make me think, some make me realize that I'm not as messed up as I think, and lots of people feel the way I feel.
Here, in no particular order, are a few quotes that I like. I could have done so many more... what are some of your favourites?
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment