Monday, February 2, 2015

Day 17: 3 legitimate fears and how they became fears

1. Snowmen-Because of Doctor Who
 
2. Santa Claus-Because of Supernatural
 
3. Pit bulls. Because…really now…
 

 For real though, I do have some legitimate fears.

1. Motorcycle crashes. Especially while in India. I’m a little less concerned about it here simply because I pretty much only ride with people who are very good drivers, and I don’t drive in the States except for tooling around a little here and there. But I have had some close calls in India, and it’s not at all an unusual thing for there to be bad wrecks. I know at least 3 people who have broken legs because of motorcycle accidents in India.
It's too bad this one wasn't clearer. That's me on the bike, and
there's more room between that lorry and me than there often was. 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
.
 








 
 
 
 










2. House fires. Heating with wood has a lot of benefits, and I like the fact that we use a woodstove. However, woodstoves can be more unpredictable than other ways of heating. Chimney fires can happen, and if you’re not in just the right place to see it, it can get out of hand. Sparks can leap out of the stove, especially when you’re stoking the fire, and they can get into the wood box, or onto the carpet, etc, etc.
 


3. Drowning. I don’t have a real reason for this. I just can’t stand water up my nose. I sucked at swimming classes, because I didn’t want to put my face in the water. I love swimming, I just don’t like water making it hard for me to breathe. And really, if someone pushes me into a pool or lake or something, there is a good likelihood of them getting punched in the face. I sort of lucked out by having glasses, because I was able to say that if someone pushed me in the water and something happened to my glasses, my Mom would get really mad. Heck, I probably wouldn’t have lost my glasses, I just didn’t want my head going under water. Devious, hey?
Despite my fears, this is a place where I wasn't supposed to swim because too many people have died here...go figure

 


No comments:

Post a Comment