Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day 20: Talk About Your Siblings

I am the middle of 3 siblings. Middle children are always the best. But this is about the less cool siblings right now. Throwing them a bone so to speak :~)

I’ll start with my brother. Two years older than me. Has done construction, electrical work, various things of that nature. We used to go hiking sometimes and we got along ok. We were on the worship team at church, and our family sounded like little angels singing together (with Dad doing sound for us). Haven’t seen him in 3 years, don’t know what he’s doing. Can’t say that I am terribly concerned. It’s his choice, so that’s the way the cookie crumbles.
Pretty sure this photo, from 2011, is the last one I have with Steve
Carla on the other hand, we at least talk. I wouldn’t really say we’re close by any means. We used to be closer, but I don’t know, I guess maybe we’re too different. But we get along tolerably well, especially since we usually have half a continent or even half a world between us. I do usually have an idea of what she’s doing, and I do care about what she is doing. It has been a long time since we’ve been mistaken for twins, and I don’t miss that. It got a little old after a while. There are still people though, who call me Carla…Anyway, she lives in UT, went out there to work at a church (no, she isn’t Mormon), and decided she likes it a lot better there than here. She isn’t really the small town type…We see each other about once or twice a year, and text on occasion in between those times. Sometimes, I think that we are more alike than we let on, and we would get along better with a bit more effort. Then I think that we’re complete opposites and that’s life. Who knows. But however alike or different we are, we care about each other, and I suppose that’s what really counts with siblings.
This was from when Carla came to India to visit me. And Cosette
desperately wanted to give her Auntie a kiss in this photo :~)
That’s pretty much my siblings in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment