Sunday, February 8, 2015

Day 23: That's Weird

1. I always fill the entire sheet of notebook paper. I think it looks funny and it’s a waste of space when people actually leave the margins blank.

2. I often use nicknames for the animals when I am talking to them. Even if they have a super short name already. In fact, my nicknames usually make the animal’s name about 3 times as long as it should be. I have no idea why. And sometimes the name has nothing to do with the animal’s real name. For example, my Mom has a horse named Diamond. She is one of the shortest, fattest horses I have ever seen, and at some point we started calling her Short Round (like Indy’s sidekick in The Temple of Doom). I really threw myself off the other day because I accidentally called her Diamond. I have nothing against the name. It’s not a deliberate thing that I call her Short Round. I often can’t even remember her real name. But it startled me to hear myself call her Diamond.

3. I get words stuck in my head. Kind of like one might get a song stuck in their head. But with words. Especially words that sound very strange. I tried looking it up, but couldn’t find much about it. I know my Mom and I both do it, and I’d guess it’s probably not that rare. It’s a lot quieter than having a song stuck in your head, so probably a lot more pleasant for the people around.

4. I leave letters off of the ends of my words when I am writing. I’ll go back through and read what I’ve written and I am missing pieces of words and whatnot. Sometimes I’m interrupted mid-word, but more often, I think I’ve finished the word in my mind, so my brain tells me to stop. Words the start with "the" are the worst: they, there, their...I often only write "the" and my mind thinks that since I  have written a complete word, I am done.
 
5. I ramble. I'll start talking, especially when I'm talking to myself or the animals, I just can't stop talking and as words are coming out, I'm like, "What the crap are you even saying?" And if I think it's full of nonsense, that usually means it's really wonky.

No comments:

Post a Comment