Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 21. What Sounds Are Your “Nails on a Chalkboard”?

Whining. Kids I babysit learn very quickly that if they whine, I will not even consider what they’re asking me to do. I try to have sympathy for the people I have met who have naturally somewhat whiny voices. But it’s more the legitimate whining to get something they want that bothers me. And static on the radio. I don’t care how much I like the song that is playing, if it starts to have static, I will change the station. And I really hate AM stations because they usually have an underscore of static. It literally makes me want to punch someone in the face. I’ve actually found that having a “trigger” noise like that is a symptom of bipolar disorder. Knowing that it is a trigger is a big help to be honest, because it used to make me mad, and I wouldn’t know why I was mad. I’d simply be suddenly upset with no clue as to why. Now that I know, I can switch away from the noise more quickly, or get my brain focused on something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment