Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 6: Something I Struggle With

Again, this post could go on for a while. But I will spare the 2 people reading this and pick one thing.
One of the biggest things that I have been struggling with lately is caring. I have hardly gone out anywhere since being home. I have been to 2 weddings, and one small party with some friends. And that’s about it other than time with families. I have options of things I could do to be around people. And they’re good people, people I usually get on well with. And I keep thinking that yes, I’ll go next week and see people, go to a game night or a Bible study, invite people over, etc. And then when it comes down to it, I don’t go. Because I just can’t get myself interested to the point that it seems worth the amount of effort. I mean, I do a lot of things at home. It's not as though I am simply sitting on the couch watching tv all day, but I just don't care to go out.
I know this is sort of a problem in my life. But I’ve grown so used to not having people to hang out with that I just don’t have the interest anymore. Pretty pathetic excuse, I know, but that’s the way things work.
Anyway…I realize that this isn’t something that should be such a struggle. I mean, how hard is it to get up off of my butt, take a shower, get dressed, and walk out the door? But it seems to be very difficult for me.   

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely identify with different areas of what you said. I can be such a homebody! One thing to consider is that you are just adjusting to life in the States now. You have truly been so many places, experienced SO many things and have done much over the last several years. Maybe you are just getting used to resting. I don't know. I really don't see anything wrong with what you just wrote. I think you are just getting back to life... sort of life adjusting after jet lag. Anyway, you're great, Laura and keep being who you are. :) ~nicki

    ReplyDelete