Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 13: 11th Image

 For today, I was supposed to think of a word and do a google image search on that word, then write something inspired by the 11th image. Here is the image I found:

The word that I chose was Resilient. I just opened a book to a random page and that happened to be one of the first words I saw (I didn’t want to use joining words). It was interesting to see my thought process as I looked at this picture. First off, it looks like a very hopeful picture. One that says that no matter how bad things get, life will find a way. Then it reaches the skeptical portion of my brain (a little surprised it didn’t reach that part first), and I think, “ok, first off, is this a real picture?” Did someone put a sunflower in the middle of this desert area for the sole purpose of getting an “inspirational” picture? Wouldn’t be too surprising. Could be 2 different pictures even. Someone photoshopped a couple of photos together. Might not have even been for any sort of inspiration. Could have been nothing more than a project for a photoshop class. Who knows. And then it goes even more into the negative side of “what if it is a real picture? How long can a flower like that last in the desert anyway? That beauty is out there where it’s mostly unseen Even if it does produce seeds, most of them will shrivel and die in the heat and, unless there is rain at just the right time, there’s a good chance that none of them will grow. The flower will be gone, and nothing will be left of it other than this one picture. Though, who knows what this photo will mean to people who take it as a symbol for resilience, and a reminder to never give up because there is beauty no matter how dry things look.
And then I look at it again, and it reminds me of the Veggie Tales movie The Lord of the Beans (a spoof on The Lord of the Rings...). I think that perhaps this flower is on a quest to get to the mountains behind it. Who knows what draws it there and what perils it will face before completing its quest. The photographer though should stop stalling it. Who knows...perhaps the fate of the world rests upon this little sunflower's petals.
Anyway...Y'all probably should have skipped that last paragraph ;~)

No comments:

Post a Comment