Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 4-1st full day at camp



·        Sleeping in a hammock. As well as I could sleep with a terribly cough and the cold.

·        Walking out to get photos of the water buffalo.

·        Lesson and small group time in the pine grove.

·        Human knot and partners tag

·        Reading Pilgrim’s Regress and chatting with Pradeep during free time.

·        How amazing it felt to stick my head under the faucet after running around in the blazing sun.

·        Hearing monkeys hooting in the morning, and crows jawing all day, and pinecones popping in the heat of the day, and the laughter and singing of all the girls. Such beautiful sounds.

·        Learning new things about God. The lessons were a bit simplified for girls who know nothing about God, but God still moves through them.

·        “Light Didi!”

·        People watching, and listening to conversations, whether I understand them or not.

·        Foot washing at the falls. Especially when the girls prayed for us.

·        Climbing the waterfall and getting photos with the girls.

·        Swimming with the girls in the falls, even though I got so cold that I couldn’t stop shaking.

·        Basking on the warm rocks

·        Getting Elfreeda (one of the other leaders, who has a water phobia) into the water.

·        Swimming with the kayak group. Especially Razia. (the water was a heck of a lot warmer in the lake than the falls)

·        Attempting to teach Deep to float.

·        Chilling (literally, as we were so cold despite the blankets) in the hammock with Madeline.

·        Talking with Richard on the night hike.

·        Where do I get by saying I’m not worth anything when I see all the wonder around me, and know that God loves me more than all of the great things in my life?

·        Taking matters into our own hands and building the fire with Pradeep, Madeline, and Razia (and with an ever-growing audience).

·        The girls singing worship songs in Hindi, English, Kannada, and who knows what other languages.

·        Staying up til midnight with Pradeep, talking about the girls, and camp, and life in general.

·        Biscuit (Madeline), Chocolate (Razia), and Roll (me) :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment