Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 3-strolling through the woods and more.


Walking into Avalanche after a long bus ride. Ice breaker games and first day at camp.
·        The fact that Shadow is healthy enough that I’m able to leave Ooty. Praise the Lord!

·        The bus ride, and seeing again what an amazing part of the world I am living in.

·        Walking barefoot through the woods and all the time at camp.

·        Hearing a girl scold the others for calling me Auntie, and giving them a lecture on how I am Didi.

·        Chatting with Mala on the hike in

·        Raji and Joyti insisting that I sit with them. Even though they made fun of me the whole time, they really made an effort to connect.

·        Figuring out ways to connect with girls who don’t have any language in common with me.

·        Listening to girls and staff singing “God is so good” in all of the languages represented here.

·        Trying to join in with goofy dances with all of the girls.

·        Going for a walk with Lygia and David, two of the people from the American team.

·        Learning about myself, that I see the world in photos. Whether I have a camera or not, I have the angles and pictures in my mind. It’s not deliberate, but it’s probably why I’m so obsessed with photography.

·        Playing icebreaker games with the girls and staff.

·        When a girl stood by me in the line for cocoa, and suddenly said, “Didi, God is so good.”

·        Photographing butterflies on the walk.

·        Being told that I should move to a village in Andhra Pradesh, because Ooty is too big of a town for me.

·        Everything I’ve started to work through in my life. Things I said I would never do that I am now considering if it turns out that’s what God wants for me.   

·        Scaring the heck out of the girls in the tent I was going to stay in. That’s why I wound up sleeping in a hammock…

No comments:

Post a Comment