Monday, March 28, 2016

Sing a Little Song

This is a list of 12 songs I have been loving a lot lately. They're not in any particular order, and there's a good chance that if I would post another of these in 6 months, a lot of the songs would be different. I tend to listen to certain songs a lot for a few months, then move on to other songs. Thought I'd share what's been stuck in my brain lately. Hope you enjoy. 
I'm not going into the meaning of any of the songs, or really even explaining the genre that they are. I am just showing songs that I like, and a little bit about why I like them. If you think they sound appealing, give them a listen.
Also...Pretty sure all of the songs and videos are clean, but I am not promising anything...

Jurassic Park End Credits, by Peter Hollens
You'll see a lot of Peter Hollens in this list. His videos are fun to watch, and I love the sound of his voice. This is really a fun one, and one I've been listening to a lot lately.

Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult
This is one that was played on Supernatural. I already knew it, but started listening to it more, and I really like it for whatever reason. It's a fun song.

Zelda Medley by Lindsey Sterling
I played Zelda a little bit when I was younger, but wasn't much of a fan. I couldn't get very far. So the music definitely doesn't bring back childhood memories. But it's pretty anyway. 

Into the West by Peter Hollens
This one is from Lord of the Rings. A little depressing, and when it popped up on my playlist the day we were taking Shadow to be put down, it made me bawl. But it is a beautiful song. And, while sad, is not depressing.

The Sound of Silence by Disturbed
Mom just showed me this song a few days ago. I like the original, and this one is even better. The guy singing is a little creepy, but that's ok. The video is cool, and the song is even better.

Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
This isn't the full song, but this video amuses me, and you probably are familiar with the song anyway. It's another one of those that I've kinda known for a while, but have been listening to more lately. I always tell myself that I need to find the lyrics and actually learn them, but then I don't. So the song ends up, "Lala lalala la laaaaaa...of the tiger!"

 Battle on the Tower by Alan Menken
I love all of the Beauty and the Beast music. And the movie...But this song has been a favourite lately. It's one of the more intense songs in the soundtrack, but really, I like them all. Aside from those made for the remake. Just stick with the originals :~)

The Leaper by Deas Vail
Not usually a fan of guys trying to sing high. But for whatever reason, this band makes it sound good. I was listening to The Leaper this summer when I got my first speeding ticket, and I was worried the negative experience would ruin it. But it is so good that I still love it, in spite of everything else. 

My Love Has Gone Across the Sea by Andrew and Skye Peterson
This is a song from the book The Monster in the Hollows, from The Wingfeather Saga. Andrew Peterson, the author, and his daughter Skye did this song together, and it is so good. That kid can sing...Another sad song...Are we sensing a theme?

Star Wars Medley by Peter Hollens and Lindsey Sterling
Another theme of this list? Peter Hollens. Along with Lindsey Sterling this time. These two should team up all the time. If you like this, look up the Skyrim theme done by Peter and Lindsey (there's a freebie for you :~) )

Dance With Dragons by BrunuhVille
Found this one super randomly while looking up medieval music. And I love it. It's a high-energy, fun song. No clue what it's actually from, but I don't really care.

I'll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan 
Used to listen to this all the time in India while driving my motorcycle with Marius riding along. Pretty sure he hated it...But I loved it. And still do. It's fun to try to do all of the different voices :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment