Monday, March 28, 2016

My Life in Ruins: Part 1

Don't worry...My life isn't that bad...I chose that as the title for my adventures in Greece, because I love the movie, and it's about Greece. If you haven't seen it, check it out. Honestly, I'd probably jump off of a bridge if I was stuck with that group, but it's a fun movie :~)
I leave tomorrow. In less than 24 hrs, I will be in the air, on the way to Athens. Probably thinking, "Oh crap...I forgot my toothpaste." or some such thing. It happens...
Sitting with Marius right now, listening to someone walking across our roof. Not sure who, but Marius doesn't seem too concerned. My hero...
I've been stressing a little today, doing last minute stuff. My jerk of a host on couchsurfing canceled on me, so I guess I'll be doing airbnb to find a cheap place to stay. The hazards of travelling on a budget :~) At least I don't have to deal with someone who is willing to host me and a cat this time...that was a challenge. Though I wouldn't give Marius up for easier to find lodging.
I just got a bunch of yarn and needles donated today. It went from 'yeah...I'm gonna be able to teach 1 person to make one scarf" to "oh my good gracious, how am I going to pack all of this?" Not a bad problem to have...
I also started packing my own stuff today. That's right...STARTED. I've always been bad about packing in a decent time frame, and it's grown worse. I can't imagine what it'll be like in 20 years :~) Maybe I'll be wealthy by then, and I'll just hire someone to take care of my packing. Stop laughing...I can dream...
I've been in touch a little but today with the group I'll be working with in Athens, but I don't have any details from them. I'm supposed to meet with them when I arrive to sort everything, but I'm not really sure where they are located. This could be interesting. Maybe one day I will actually plan a trip a bit more ahead of time. But, seeing as I bought my ticket about 3 1/2 weeks ago...yeah, I probably won't start planning ahead. I mean, look at what happened to my parents when they tried to plan ahead... :~)
I'll be trying to update as often as I can, but I have no clue what sort of internet I'll have. Feel free to email me, or send messages or whatever. I'll do my best to answer in a timely fashion. And hopefully my updates will be a little less rambly than this. No guarantees though.
If you know of anyone who may be interested in supporting this venture, my youcaring page will still be active. Feel free to share it.

                                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment