Saturday, October 5, 2013

The plans of God. From the mouths of babes...

I give riding lessons to kids in 5th standard. So that’s what, 9 or 10? Somewhere around in there. Anyway, they were asking me how long the horses will be at Hebron, and I had to tell them that the horses leave at the end of Nov, because I’ll be leaving, because I don’t have a job here anymore.
One little guy, Droov, asked me what I plan to do when I leave. Now, Droov is an interesting kid. Sweet as can be; a skinny little kid with big glasses. He is also a very intelligent boy. So he asked me this, genuinely wondering what’s up.
I told him that I didn’t know. I know I am going back to the States, and beyond that, I don’t really know. I tried to keep it light, not show my disappointment or anything about how things are turning out. It’s not the kids’ place to deal with it.
Droov was quiet for a minute, then said, “It’s ok that you don’t know what you’re doing, Miss Laura. God knows. And his plans for you are the best.”
He was so calm and sincere about it. It was super sweet. And so true. I was a little embarrassed that it meant so much to be given that reassurance from such a young kid. Sometimes, the faith of children puts me to shame. And he was not at all awkward about saying it. It wasn’t like when an adult says things like that, where sometimes you feel like they are just saying it because it is the thing they’re supposed to say. It was so natural. It was what he believed, and he didn’t care what anyone thought of him for saying it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment