Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Home Sweet Ooty.

It struck me as I was returning to Ooty after seeing Carla off that I won't have this experience many more times. Of coming home to Ooty, I mean. I'm down to mere weeks of living in Ooty. Less than two months at this point.
There are some reasons that make me ready to leave Ooty. But in general, I am going to miss living here. I'm going to miss my little house in my neighbourhood full of people who don’t really seem to quite know what to think of me most of the time.

Carla and I were driving down the mountain on Ali, and there were moments where we would come around a curve and see the whole valley stretched out in front of us, and it took my breath away. Even now, I see the fog rolling in, or I see the sun speckling the tea fields, and I can’t believe how lucky I am to live here.
But if I am leaving such a place, what is there ahead of me? There is such a belief among Christians that one cannot be doing God’s will unless you are suffering. I do not find this to be true, either from experience, or from reading the Bible. God has plans to prosper his people, and not to harm them. Does this mean that nothing bad will happen to me? Heck no. But it doesn’t mean either that he wants me to be miserable my whole life.

So, although I will miss so many things about life in Ooty, I am looking forward to seeing those things which God has in store for my future. And ultimately, my home is heaven, and there, I believe I will constantly have my breath taken away as I see the wonder around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment