Sunday, April 8, 2012

Wait Now

So I wait upon you now, 
With my hands released to you, 
Where a little faiths enough, 
To see mountains lift and move, 
Yeah and I wait upon you now, 
Dedicated to your will, 
To this love that will remain, 
A love that never fails
Hillsong United-Second Chance


Psalm 37:5-7a 
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him. 


I was fairly quiet with blogging my first 3 weeks or so here. I was struggling with why I was here, and I felt like I had misunderstood what God's will for me was. I was feeding and working with the horses, but I felt like it  was a job that anyone could have done. I was wondering if I was totally wasting my time. 
But now, looking back, I realize it was a time of testing; a time of being faithful in small things. Because, had I given in and thrown in the towel, I would never be in the position I am in now. It was 3 weeks of waiting on the Lord, and keeping myself in his will even when I didn't feel like there was a point to what I was doing. It was a good lesson about waiting on the Lord with my hands released to him; not trusting in my own wisdom, but knowing that he sees far more than I do. 
And I love it that I saw this on Easter. The day that Jesus rose from the dead, giving me reason for my life, is when I begin to understand his direction in my life. The more I understand his love, the more it compels me to seek him and follow his will. And the more I seek him, the more I understand his love. It is a never ending circle that begins with God seeking to reveal his love to me. Thank you God!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! It's amazing what happens when we are patient. I have a hard time with that, myself. I read a quote the other day that said patience is bitter but the fruit is sweet. So true. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said. Be sure you come back and read this when you encounter struggles and uncertainty. It will remain true.

    ReplyDelete