Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thought you should know...

Hey all-somehow I doubt this news will really shock anyone, but I thought I would go ahead and share it now.
I was recently offered the position as Director of Leg Up here in India. And after a lot of debating, and discussion with people I trust, I have decided to accept. Leg Up has the potential to become a much more wide spread ministry; serving the community and even drawing people from elsewhere in India. But in order to do that, it needs someone who can be dedicated to the program, and who can put the vision into action.
When I came to India this year, I knew that there was a chance that sometime in the next couple of years, I would be offered a job here, but I did not realize it would be this soon, and honestly, I didn't think I'd accept. But after talking to Mala and hearing her vision for Leg Up, I realized that it is something that will be mutually beneficial. I will be good for the program, and it will be good for me.
Believe it or not, this was a tough decision to make. As much as I love India, I do not relish the thought of being so far from my family for so long. But for right now, it seems to be the right choice.
God did some really cool things bringing about my time in India, and perhaps this was the reason for all of that. I can be more confident in moving here, because God's hand has certainly been in it from the start.
So here's the basic plan: I will return home in June as planned, then spend about 6 months raising support and preparing to leave, before returning to India in January or somewhere around there. The dates are not definite yet. I will be renting a house in Ooty, and will most likely have a motorcycle so I don't have to hassle with the bus. I will most likely be returning home once a year, around Christmas time. Otherwise, people are welcome to come visit ;~)
I am hoping to speak to various churches or groups to raise support before coming back here. If you are interested in having me speak, or have any suggestions for me, leave me a comment, or email me at lrweb7@yahoo.com. I get home June 8th, and will be available to speak after that. If I talk to you early, you'll have me when I am jet-lagged and have no clue what I am saying :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment