Saturday, March 29, 2014

I’m An Elephant


I was at an event the other night, which was similar in execution to a South Indian wedding. So we were talking about weddings and such. Not a terribly unusual topic. One of the girls with me asked if I had any plans of marriage. I said I’d like to eventually be married, but I don’t have plans, and she told me the reason for that is probably because I’m never home long enough to be in a relationship. I told her that was my Grama’s advice too, and she acted as though it was sort of a done deal, and I’d be heading home as soon as I finish the job so that I could sit and wait for my Prince charming.

Bull.

Like that’s gonna happen…

I explained to her that if I have to go and sit in one place for an extended period of time in order to give the guy of my dreams time to find me, I’m not interested. If God doesn’t bring someone into my life while I’m doing the things he’s told me to do, I guess I’m meant to stay single. Sitting in one place to wait for someone doesn’t sound like great advice if you want that person to be your travel buddy. And I’m not interested in a guy who would be sitting around either.

I get a lot of advice about relationships. Both from people I know, and from people I don’t know. I think the best of it came from my Mom. And possibly Buddha… neither of us bothered to look up the quote…

 
 I’m an elephant…
 
 
Photo credit: Unknown. Found randomly on the internet. If you know to whom credit is due, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment