Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Madcap adventure.

Life, when done right, is a madcap adventure, not dissimilar to how it was riding a motorcycle on the mountain roads in Ooty. You never quite know what is going to be around the next curve. Sometimes you want to slow down to barely a crawl, because you’re afraid. But when you slow that much, that is when you lose your balance and topple over.
I’m sort of in one of those places right now. Unsure of exactly what to do. I’ve sort of committed to one job, but that’s only for 4 months. I had the option of accepting a longer term position there, but decided due to various reasons, that I did not want to. So I accepted a shorter job, but that leaves a lot to be decided. Should I just do the job and leave India immediately after? Should I explore India when I am done with work (something I’ve not had time to do)? Should I visit another country? Should I come home? What the heck should I do???
Things seem to be speeding up, and I am coming to a sharp curve, where I need to make up my mind where I want to go. I’m having a hard time keeping myself from panicking and “slamming on the brakes”, because I know that if I do, I’ll crash and not make a choice at all.
Then you have those days where the road is foggy, and you can hardly see where you're going. Which way does the road curve, and where's the turn you should be taking? Again, you know that if you slow too much, you'll crash before you get to the road you're supposed to take. But then you feel that if you don't slow enough, you'll miss your turning and end up kilometers from where you're supposed to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment