Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Dark times


This quote is so true, especially for certain people. Those who struggle with depression in particular. There are times when I know I am being ridiculous, and my moods have taken a hold of me, but there isn’t anything that I can do. The more I try to get myself out of the funk I am in, the more I spiral down. All I can do is wait for it to go away. 
But this is one of those things that I worry about when I become friends with someone. How can I let someone become close to me when I know that one day, I will have one of those dark days and I do not know how that person will react? The more I care about someone, the harder it is to let them close enough to see that. Because the only thing worse than dealing with those emotions and feelings within myself is knowing that I have ruined a friendship with someone that I care deeply about because of something I am trying hard to control, but just can’t.  
Sometimes I wonder if I will ever find a friend who will be able to deal with me no matter what. The older I get, the more I doubt it. I’ve seen the true colours of people I care about, and in a lot of cases, they’re not that great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment