Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Random things


 1. The Wizard of Oz creeps the heck out of me. I have no idea why, but it does more and more as I get older.
2. I sometimes dream in Portuguese. I understand a lot more than I can speak, so it’s all floating around in my head.
3. I always feel like a total hack when I am treated like an adult. I still feel like I should be at the kids’ table.
4. Speaking of things that creep me out…I love things like The Twilight Zone, which gives me chills, but isn’t something that will be brought to mind when I am walking around in the dark. I don’t want something that will genuinely scare me, and affect how comfortable I am in the dark.
5. Orion is my favourite constellation. It’s one that I have been able to see in each country I have been in. He stands out as a very noticeable constellation, and is a reminder to me in many ways of God’s faithfulness.
6. The 3 worst books I’ve ever read? The Count of Monte Christo, The Day no Pigs Would Die, and Lord of the Flies.
7. Going along with that, my top 3 books are: Les Miserables, Behind the Attic Wall (some random book we got at a flea market that is amazing), and The Last Battle.
8. I wish I could see what it was like to be different animals. I mean, things are so black and white to animals. There are good people, and bad people.
9. I prefer storms to sunny days most of the time. I like how much you can do on a sunny day, but I like seeing storms.
 10. My idea of a wonderful date would be if the guy planned in advance, and knew when there would be a meteor shower, or a night storm, and planned a picnic for then. Blankets, hot cocoa or tea, etc. Nothing fancy, just something with a little bit of thought. Then we could sit and watch the meteors or lightning, and just talk all night. Campfires are good for that too…
11. Even though I do a lot of my writing on the computer (especially here, where I don’t want to end up with the added weight of a dozen notebooks), I still like to write by candlelight. Not sure why. It’s just fun. (Yes, after reading 10 and 11, I do like fire. No, I am not a pyro...)
12. I still sleep with stuffed animals. Not that I have to. I do fine if I don’t have them along. But especially when I leave the country, I take at least 1 or 2 stuffed animals with me. Right now, I have Hobbes (from Calvin and Hobbes) that my sister crocheted for me, and an elephant.
 13. While I know my parents aren’t entirely perfect, I think that the way they raised us was pretty spectacular. Between homeschooling, and all of the traveling we did, my childhood was amazing. And it set the stage for who I am now.
14. Though I am often in jeans and a t-shirt or something equally casual, I am quite comfortable in a skirt, or a saree, and thoroughly enjoy dressing up and “being a girl”. I’m not keen on makeup, because it makes my face feel weird, and I always feel as though I’m going to smudge it, but I like nail polish, and having my hair done. For the things I do, jeans and a t-shirt are just more convenient, but I love chances to dress nicely.
15. While this may come as a shock to most who know me, I love early mornings. I really enjoy watching the sunrise. However, I also like to stay up quite late at night, and the 2 don’t go together so well.
16. I’ve learned to pretend that I am confident. Whether in conversation, or speaking in front of people, or whatever, I can make people think that I am not nervous at all. Even if I feel like a total idiot. It comes in handy.
17. I’ve realized that I write a lot about sheep when I am writing stories. And the ocean. Dunno why. And my stories tend to be a little on the dark side. Not all of them, but a lot of them.
18. I could spend hours and hours just sitting by the ocean, taking pictures, or journaling, or staring at the ocean. It is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. That, and a huge storm with loads of lightning.
 19. I love performance arts. Dramas, human videos, etc., and would love to have a chance to learn to do them better, and use them in ministry.
20. I have a really hard time trusting people, but it’s mostly because I have trusted people completely, and have been very hurt by them. So I decided not to trust anymore. But to be honest, it’s hard for me. I would rather just trust people without hesitation, and I sort of make myself not trust them. It’s messed up, I know, but I have my reasons for it. And I am working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment