Thursday, April 18, 2013

Happy Poem in Your Pocket Day


Found out that today is Poem in Your Pocket Day. You're supposed to carry a poem in your pocket, and share it with everyone. Most people that I know are not close enough to see anything that is in my pocket, so here is a poem for you all. Enjoy :~)

Artist
If I was an artist, I’d paint the way the moon looks
As it rises in midday
I’d paint the way the stars reflect
I’d paint each word you say
I would paint the things
That no one paints
The bugs and beasts
All the world’s taints.
Those things that have beauty
If only you look
And here’s what I’d paint:
I’d paint you a book
With everything beautiful thing
You’ve ever seen
And some of which
You only can dream
I would paint lightning
As it dances through the clouds
I’d paint a little street child
Peering sadly through the crowds
I would show you all
Of the beauty I’ve found
From the stars in the sky
To the bugs on the ground
Beauty in places
You’d never expect
For you can find beauty
Where everything’s wrecked
And that’s what I’d paint for you
All the beauty beneath and above
And that would be the best way, I think,
To show you all my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment