Friday, February 19, 2016

Good Game

Leaving the Icehogs game, I heard this kid behind me go, "That was a good game!"
I thought he must have been cheering for the other team, as the game had not gone well for the Hogs.
His Mom answered in a pretty annoyed voice, "No, it wasn't a good game."
Ok...so she was a Hogs fan...
The little boy stayed cheery and said, "Well, it was fun."
The Mom continued to snappily move him out the door, and I didn't hear anymore of what was said.
It changed my feeling of the game though. No, it was not the best game I've seen. They got a lot of penalties, some fair, some not so terribly fair. The other team tripped our guys numerous times without being called on it, the Hogs couldn't even make a goal when they were playing 6 on 4. And yes, they lost.
But was it a terrible evening? No, not really.
I got to spend the evening with my Aunt. Always a good time.
We definitely had fun watching the little baby in front of us with her tiny Blackhawks jersey and pink ear muffs (we like to see hearing protection on the babies...for one thing, it's really cute. For another, it's loud in there for such new ears).
I got super cool socks (yes, I love fun socks :~) They make my feet happy).
I had fun watching the Hogs play. Even when they weren't all that great. There were some halfway decent fights (Liambas tends to be something like a banty rooster, and that makes for some pretty impressive fights. He's a new favourite...).
This one isn't actually from this last game. But it's a good picture to demonstrate what I refer to. 
So, was it a good game? Depends on what you mean by good game. Did my team win? No. Did they play well? That's a matter of opinion. Some of them did. Just not enough of them at the same time. Did I enjoy the evening? Yeah, I did. And I guess that's what matters. So even though I keep threatening to choose a new team if the Hogs don't shape up, I think I'll just stick with them. Partly because I think Neita would disown me if I cheered for anyone else :~P But mostly because, it's up to me if it's a good game or not. No, I don't think that I have any impact on the outcome of the game. I can't think 'The Hogs will win this game 6-2', and have it happen. But I can decide how I feel walking out of the BMO Harris Bank Centre after a game. And that's what really matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment